Some notes from an informal lunch in Washington Square Park today. Jordan Cooper organized a group via Twitter, here were my take-aways:
- There were 10 people including myself
- I wanted to come because I think Jordan is working on smart things, it is near my apartment, and my friend Tynan talks about crypto-currency non-stop
- “This is the first time that open source has been directly related to capitalism”
- There will be a large fall-out in all the bottom side of coins, alt-coins
- ICO = Initial Coin Offering
- Almost everyone uses Coinbase
- Many many new coins coming out every week
- What is the actual utility of these coins?
- Bitcoin as a storage of wealth or value
- Bitcoin never got B2C traction
- Large banks looking at the blockchain after SWIFT hacking incident RE: Bangladesh
Please don’t take anything verbatim // I was the least informed of this discussion. Seemed like everyone except me had some holdings, and everyone took Bitcoin and Ether as the two largest.