9:00am Doctor’s Appointment
Concierge medicine at The Morrison Center in midtown.
11:30am Museum Hack Walking Meetings
Meeting Tasia and Sarah (also hi Ethan and Kate!) at L’Apicio, our co-working space in the LES hosted by Spacious.
We did a walking meeting around Sara D. Roosevelt Park, just south of Houston. I love walking meetings! They have become a fun tradition for me and Tasia when we’ve been working out of Spacious locations in the LES.
1:15pm Lunch with Scott Kidder
COO of The Points Guy. Long-time friend in NYC. We went to Hu Kitchen, one of my favorite restaurants in NYC (and near my apartment). I gave Scott a tour since it was his first time there.
Book suggestions from Scott
- Andrew Carnegie by David Nasaw
- Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power, by Steve Coll
- The Liar’s Ball: Extraordinary Saga of NY Real Estate, by Vicky Ward
3:00pm Phone call Thomas Griffin
Thomas Griffin who is a co-founder of ArtSquare, a soon-to-be launched company.
- Based in Memphis, TN
- I sent him a link to The San Francisco Fallacy by Jonathan Siegel
- ArtSquare is a platform for artists to sync their work to a bunch of places like Etsy and eBay
- Interview with Thomas Griffin
- Twitter: Thomas Griffin
3:30pm: Phone call John Antista
Was introduced to him 4 years ago via David R. Schoenberger, we never connected, John moved back to NYC recently and reached out to me.
- Internet of Things expert + freelancer
- We talked about the spectrum sale to Verizon that I read about in the WSJ — this made me happy to talk about
- Executive coaches: Martha Patton, Al Chase
- Talked about skin and inflammation
- He was supposed to be on one of the WTC 9/11 planes, but wasn’t, then started volunteering post-911
4:00pm Phone call Tracy Avin
While waiting: Comment on Ben Yu’s Facebook about The Awesome Foundation
4:30pm Phone call Richard Murray
Follow-up from a dinner party we hosted RE: investments